Forever

Forever and Always... for all Eternity.. and the next day.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Taco Maker/ Jakes life

Working at a fast food place was something I never in my entire life wanted to be seen doing. I put it down on the bottom of my work options... because I really put myself up on a ... pedalstool... (sp?) and thought I was too good for that! But sometimes you need to be humbled, okay you always need to be humbled and just do things even if you don't want to. I was running out of options and I needed money, so at the beginning of the summer I took this job! It really has been a life learning experience too! Dealing with people... is HUGE. You thought you knew someone who was picky with food... haha you're wrong. sorry! But I'm sure that I have met the pickiest food eaters ever. And the best part is... they're usually adults. However! Today I actually had a really great day at work!! My coworker and I got tipped, which let us both buy ourselves some lunch for once, the costumers were all very kind, and this one guy... haha so I was doing drive through and I said the typical, "Hi, welcome to Taco Maker, I can take your order when you're ready" and instead of the usual "I want", "Give me", "I need", or even the occasional, "Yes, I'd like..."
 I got a "Hello! and how are you today?"
Honestly I just stood there for a few seconds and was like whaaaa....? haha I actually asked him to repeat it, I'm like "what... did you say?"
"How are you today? Are you having a good day?"
"haha well yes! Actually I am having a good day"
"oh great!! So what's your favorite meal."
And we continued to have this very light and happy conversation! Usually I'm not the biggest fan of the chatters because I'm super busy and need to just get the order done, but today it was very slow so I was all up for chatting! He came up and had THE biggest smile on his face. Honestly.. after he left... I felt like I loved my job.
This isn't the first time a happy costumer has come and made my day, but they are rare. It really has made my job... all worth it. It's made me be able to get through the tough and rude costumers and keep smiling. It also just taught me how you never know if someone is having a rough day and really all it takes is a smile, a bit of respect, and patience. Things that we so quickly forget to do in our busy, selfish lives!! Although it's a fast food place-ghetto, cheap, not the best paying rate.... I do actually enjoy my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment